Streams of Consciousness and Camping

Streams of Consciousness and Camping


Hello, dear friend,
We are camping for the first time as a couple.  Wow!  It's like a competition and I must say that my boyfriend keeps winning.  Being a Boy Scout definitely equipped you better for camping than a Girl Scout at least when I was young.  Probably today Girl Scouts are better equipped with the advancement of the womens movement.  He can make a rope do anything, literally.  He hung a Coleman lantern from it between two trees.  I know, most of you are laughing by now.  Me?  Bun-jee cords and clamps are my friends.  I didn't learn the knots that y'all men did or if them there Girl Scout rope patches were available, I missed those pages.  Did I say that I tended to overlook some things (obviously important at this very moment) but am very detailed in other areas, which seem not real important...like I’m pretty good at sewing which really isn’t helpful up here.  We all are gifted in areas though.  Remember in the Bible in I Corinthians when Paul talks about the body and how important each part is?  Like the ear couldn’t stand alone.   Yes, I know…you want to be the heart!   But in I Corinthians 12:22-24 (I’ve missed this part before), Paul writes:

22On the contrary, it is much truer that the members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary; 23and those members of the body which we deem less honorable, on these we bestow more abundant honor, and our less presentable members become much more presentable, 24whereas our more presentable members have no need of it. But God has so composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked,…

Isn’t that cool?   Yes, I’ve read the Bible beginning to end and have missed that part.  So, if you are a toe or a hair follicle, “God has bestowed more abundant honor” (I Corinthians 12:23).  Basically, no matter what we are doing to grow God’s Kingdom, our “home”, He honors us.  And isn’t that so true?  I know for me at least, when I’ve had a tough day, I can volunteer somewhere at church, as a toe or an eyelash and feel awesome afterwards.  It’s so uplifting, no matter where God put me.  Coming from a family where performing is the thing to do, I’ve had to work on this a lot.  So, I don’t know if you have a problem with this but God has humbled me quite a bit in this area.  And blessed me greatly through the valleys.

Back to camping, I think my boyfriend was at least a little surprised at how well I adapted.   We didn't go all primitive but
1)     There is no one around,
2)     No public restrooms/showers,
3)     No picnic tables,
4)     No grills,
5)     ...Nothing but a meadow and pine trees (Bella, our Rottie puppy, loves eating those pine cones until we called our vet when she was drooling too much and our car was soaked.  Ended up not being such a fun, good idea after all...lol.  This camping, um...
...that is primitive to me.  It is not primitive to my hubby because
1)     You can hear cars,
2)     We are too close to the road.  (we are really far from the road to me but I can appreciate how PRIMITIVE we are talking just watching this detailed gentle soul as he prepares camp for me.)  I feel so loved, taken care, like a rose in a garden,
3)     What is sort of scary is that...like, where has he camped before?  I don't want to know.
As I sit here in total quiet and peace, I think of God mostly and how the last 3-6 months have been and how much energy I put into negative "LIFE RED TAPE" I refer to it now where up here, it really takes a back seat to God's beauty.  That's what it's all about.
Ok...we have a tent and a screened in room where I'm sitting just because there are a lot of bugs out at the moment.  Look at the view.  And the sounds...a rushing river, eagles, hawks, winds rushing through the pines.  God's Majesty!  Kind of puts it in perspective.  So, as I was saying, 90% of me has been thinking of God, of my walk, how I've been doing as His Disciple.  Eek...there have been bumps that need forgiveness, repentance and for this trip, I'm so grateful to my husband.   No electricity, no Internet, no TV, nothing but nature and writing.  Although I can type much faster or else you'd get this in writing.  We're losing that art and fast.  It's hard for me to write.  I run out of steam pretty fast when I write.  My generation was the first to grow up with the first desktop PC.  Huge monstrous thing.  But I am laughing now thinking of the other 10% stream of consciousness...wait...you know you do that, friend, right?  We all do?  No, no, no, lol, I'm not referring to multiple personality disorder.  I don't like that word disorder.  It's judgmental to me.  We'll talk about that another time.  I'll explain but suffice to say many disorders are associated with brilliance.  Either in art or IQ or multi-tasking but today it's associated with "disability" and thought of negatively.   Okay, have you ever heard that extremely funny newer comedian, the one that loves bacon, you know the one.  I can't use the internet, but he gets total credit for this.  Oh, RIP Robin Williams...I have to say this...no, I'm not a doctor.  But, in my experience, depression causes the suicide, not the meds.  And no, no meds can cure it 100%.  I've never seen it cured 100%, so if you have, BLESS YOU!!  The only reason I insert this is because Robin Williams was sheer genius and I've seen so many comments from people who don't understand depression (which I'm really glad they don't...smile) saying "Why Robin?  Why leave?  You had everything?"  If you are depressed, pray, pray, pray...I have seen our Father remove Depression from people.  If you are still praying and have it, stay on whatever form of meds you are on, pharmaceutical or holistic.  It is when, only my opinion, folks switch up their dosage or try to get off it because they feel so good, is when those thoughts comes to the surface.  One question...WHY DO YOU THINK YOU WERE FEELING GOOD?  They were working.  But keep praying.  Depression is debilitating, hidden and many suffer in silence. 

Okay, the comedian I was giving credit to, the one who loves bacon.  He puts this part in his show where he talks about camping and says something like "Okay, for years and years, people all over the world have to live outside in nature and in America, where people have huge mortgages, homes and spends thousands on furniture and fill their pantry's to the gills, they spend more money on tents, pop-up's and cute camper stuff and then go outside and live and call it "VACATION".  WHY IS THAT??"  When I heard him on YouTube, I laughed so hard.  He's exactly right.  But the real message here is it is never enough for us.  Seriously, look at your house.  There was a time when you were happy with that and that over there and there, that dusty thing in your garage that you were going to exercise on and now it's something to hang things on. 

I know...I ramble but don't we all.  My better half just reminded me that some of us don’t.  I love him so!  He is my water, which I need and I’m his fire!  Okay.  Well, I do.  And sometimes that’s fun!  Anyway, we will have spent 3 days with no luxuries, no TV, no Internet and we have conversed, enjoyed nature, enjoyed Bella.  Sat on fold up chairs, cooked off a Coleman stove or buried sweet potato's under hot coals (mmm, mmm), had fresh grouper cooked over the campfire and have been peaceful.  
It's rained every day but it's been good, smelled great, we haven't melted.   We have lived simply.  And now, we have our first campfire together...thanks to my husband.   This reminds of I Peter, Chapter 1, starting with verse 18, “For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.” Simple living brings me closer to God as so many missionaries have confirmed in the stories I read.  When you take away the perishable things, at least for me, God seems closer than ever.   Don't get me wrong, I love, love our home as it is comfortable and has all the comforts we need.  We are trying to simplify but we are far from living a simple life.   We pray daily and I enjoy my talks with Jesus, sort of like that stream of consciousness I was talking to you about earlier.    I know I was supposed to talk about another topic.  I haven't forgotten but I couldn't let this Huge Yellow Sticky that God placed before me and all around me go unmentioned.  I really needed this.  We head back tomorrow and I pray for that this peace continues as LIFE starts over. 

Please keep the following in your prayers:
  •   Jace and Gavin Duke-the sturdy Warrior twins born at 24 weeks who now average 3.5 pounds.  So much prayer all over the world has been done but more is needed.  Thank you for your prayers.  Update: They just came through their most recent surgery great!  God is so Good!  This Mom and Dad has stood steadfast that these twins twins were going to make it and so have so many other people who have lifted them up in prayer.
  •    Austin is still in need of a heart transplant.  Praises to his sister and parents for walking God's Walk and having so much Faith.
  •    God Knows for our family.
  •    Return to school for so many wonderful students, that our Father stands in the gap and gives them the strength and confidence they need.  Remove any and all bullying, any cyber bullying that exists, in the name of His Precious Son, Jesus Christ, who shed His Blood on the Cross for our Sins (Yours too) so that each child can feel Safe.
  •    A loving family in our lives that is going through a difficult time.  Please pray for peace, healing and full restoration.
  •   That so many people hear God knocking at their door and let him in, no matter what type of parenting they had or what they are living with.  Your life does not need to be perfect.  In fact, God works better with the imperfect.  Look who Jesus hung around with?  He already knows what is in your deepest closet. (That took me a while to wrap my arms around when I first started my walk.)

And if there are prayers you  need, please do not hesitate to email me or comment so more can pray for you.  Prayer works!  God Listens!  If you are a Believer In Christ, He will answer.  If you are not a Believer and want to be, below is what Paul, one the greatest disciples for Jesus (although he said he was the least of the disciplies (I Corinthians 15:9), said you needed to believe.  It will change your life forever.  It doesn't make life easier but you've get the the Great I Am carrying you through it.  It's much better than going it alone.  The best part?  You get to spend eternity with other believers, see His Miracles happen all around you.  Pray and watch as He Answers.  Yes, we were born sinners and works alone do not get us Heaven but as you continue on your Walk with Jesus, you will want to walk less in this world and more with Jesus.  There is a book by Frances Chan called Crazy Love basically titled that way because of his Crazy Love for Jesus.  That book changed by small love into an overpowering Crazy Love for this All Knowing God Man who took this world back from the enemy by dying on the cross for EVERYONE!  You and you, and you and you and yes, you, too!  Can we even grasp the overpowering Love Jesus has for you and I.  It's an easy read but what a Wow! Book!  Get your hands on it.  I don't say that about many books as I tend to focus on the Bible, the Living Word.  Please recite this when you are ready:

1 Corinthians 15:3-8
3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Welcome to God's Kingdom!  Your Heart that had that place that was empty is now filled with Jesus. You will begin to walk, talk and act differently.   

Blessings to you, friend, and talk to you soon.

Lisa

Comments